E-Bike on Lake Constance
Around the lake with Pedelec, E-Bike and more
- Approved accomodations
- 100% safe booking
- 1 Million happy visitors
Effortless cycling on Lake Constance
More and more to be seen at Lake Constance: Cyclists on E-bikes. Electric bicycles are trending and a great way to master relaxed cycling tours without much effort. Around the lake many routes are rather flat, but with an electric bike it is uncomplicated, fast and comfortable. Slopes and longer distances can be mastered effortlessly - simply perfect for a holiday at Lake Constance. Younger visitors also like to use the bikes!
What to consider with the E-Bike on Lake Constance
Pedelecs are considered bicycles and are exempt from helmet, insurance and driving licence requirements. They may be ridden on cycle paths without restriction.
For S-pedelecs and E-bikes, helmets are compulsory in Germany, they must be insured and the owner requires an operating permit and a driving licence. In addition, they may only be used on cycle paths cleared for mopeds.
If you want to circle Lake Constance on your E-bike, you should note the following: In Austria, pedelecs and S-pedelecs are only permitted on cycle paths and in Switzerland, electric bicycles faster than 25 km/h may only be used with a driving licence, number plate and insurance certificate.
In general, this relatively fast vehicle should be used with special attention to other road users in order to minimize the risk of accidents.
Rental stations for E-bikes on Lake Constance
If you do not have your own e-bike, you can easily rent one at Lake Constance. Here you will find some rental stations.
- You will find one of the largest offers of rental bikes at Zweirad Joos in Radolfzell: from € 20,- per day.
- In Immenstaad im 's Sporträdle you can rent pedelecs from € 25,00 (with guest card) per day.
- The e-bike rental Rückenwind in Öhningen rents out e-bikes from € 18.00 per day.
- You can rent e-bikes from € 15.00 at the Radinsel Lindau.
- At the bike rental Friedrichshafen you can rent pedelecs from € 20,00.
- At the Weidemann Bike and E-Bike Centre in Überlingen you can rent an electric bike from € 25.00 per day.
- In the Reichenau leisure centre you can rent e-bikes for 3 hours or one, four or seven days.
- In the Zweirad Reinwald in Salem, pedelecs can be rented from € 20.00 per day.
The most beautiful tours with the E-bike around Lake Constance
With the E-Bike you can ride the normal routes along the lake. We have summarized some tours for you here.
- Experience magnificent lake views by bike: From Bodman Castle via the viewpoint "Haldenhof", up to the Sipplinger steep bank landscape, to Sipplingen.
- Exciting round trip for the whole family: from Hagnau via Meersburg to Uhldingen-Mühlhofen, with destination Affenberg Salem.
- Culture and Baroque - Round tour from Überlingen via Salem Monastery and Palace to the Birnau pilgrimage church.
- From Friedrichshafen to Lindau: Friedrichshafen, Eriskirch with Eriskircher Ried and viewing platform, Langenargen with Montfort Castle and the cable suspension bridge, Kressbronn, Nonnenhorn, Wasserburg, Bad Schachen, Lindau, possibly with a detour to Giessen moated castle.
- From Thurgau to Reichenau: Romanshorn, Kesswil, Altnau, Kreuzlingen, Constance, Hegne, Reichenau island, Allensbach, Markelfingen, Radolfzell
Charging stations for E-bikes on Lake Constance
At Lake Constance you will find numerous charging and battery exchange stations. We have listed some of them here for you - at petrol stations, camping sites and excursion restaurants there are also more installed.
- Ringhotel Krone Schnetzenhausen in Friedrichshafen
- Tourist Information Pfullendorf
- Akzent Hotel-Restaurant Löwen in Langenargen
- "The Wheel Giver" in Lindau
- Tourist Information Ailingen
- Tourist Information Wasserburg
- Hotel guesthouse Zürn in Wasserburg
- Camping Park Gohren (Kressbronn-Gohren)
- Indigo in Constance
Pure fun on Lake Constance
With e-bikes you can travel quickly, safely and comfortably on Lake Constance and experience the region from its most beautiful side!
Stay overnight on Lake Constance
After an eventful day, you will find peace and quiet here in one of the numerous accommodations on Lake Constance. Many of them are located directly on the cycle paths of the region.